Happy new year 2016! And time to see the verbs that got official in the Swedish language year 2015. Click any of the new verbs to conjugate them in Swedish. As you will see, all new verbs are totally regular.
- Avinvestera To disinvest, normally by selling shares in companies involved in industries viewed as unsustainable or unethical .
- Dumpstra To dumpster dive, or retrieve useable food and other objects from what others throw away.
- Haffa Rough, to hit someone.
- Klittra Mastrurbate (like a woman).
- Rattsurfa From ‘ratt’ steering wheel and ‘surfa’ to surf. Means to use cell phone or similar when driving, decreasing the concentration on driving the car.
- Svajpa From English ‘Swype’, to steer a computer or phone by sliding a finger or stylus on the screen.
- Svischa To transfer money to a friend or shop using the Swedish phone payment system Swish.
- Vejpa To ‘vape’ or smoke an e-cig.